Holistic Massage and Indian Head Massage
Massage works on a deep level, relaxing and reviving the body mind and spirit. It also encourages good circulation and moves Lymph around the body, helping to eliminate toxins out of the system.
Massage can help with:
- Stress reduction
- Relief from muscular pain
- Deep relaxation
- Toxin elimination
- Improved quality of sleep
- Increased energy levels
- Stimulating the immune system
And more …. Many people come for a massage for the pure feeling of calmness and relaxation and to help them completely let go.
When I do massage treatments they may vary depending on what you need. I use various techniques including deep tissue, no hands massage and Swedish massage.
Deep Tissue massage is similar to Swedish massge but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension.
The focus is on the deeper layers of muscle, tendons and fascia. The movements are slower and deeper and I concentrate on areas of tension and pain to help release any tightness. I may use finger tips, knuckles, hands, elbows and forearms in your massage treatment.
One massage treatment can help but a series of treatments will have a more powerful effect and give long term benefits. I also offer pregnancy massage which is very nurturing and helps with relaxation which is so important during this time.
Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is extremely calming. It has been passed down through the generations for many years in India. I use massage techniques , pressure points and lymphatic drainage on the shoulders neck , scalp and face .
most people find this treatment very soothing and calming , ideal for unwinding and de-stressing.
Indian Head Massage can help with:
- Stimulating the scalp promoting lustrous hair
- The facial massage is incredibley relaxing
- Tension is released in the neck and shoulders through massage techniques
- Great for the release of mental stress , helping to calm the mind.
- Improving mental clarity
- Promoting deep sleep
- Releasing tension in the head area which can help with headaches
A wonderfully pampering treatment and I do a technique called head holding which is very comforting.
Seated Acupressure Massage
- This treatment is based on shiatsu , it is a deep massage technique that encompasses pressure points, muscle manipulation and stretching
- Specifically for the back, neck, arms and scalp
- It can be very beneficial for repetitive strain injury (rsi) , muscle tension, headaches , relaxing and energising.
- This treatment is carried out on a massage chair fully clothed and is 30 minutes long
- Many people find it’s a quick stress-busting treatment